(1) Name of the program: Soil Science Study Program
Study Program of Soil Science is a study program under Department of Soil, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Gadjah Mada, which was established on May1, 1985. The organizational structure of Soil Department consists of: Head of Department,Secretary of Department, and lecturers as members of the Departement. According to Act No.23/1949, Faculty of Agriculture was included as thefirst-six faculties established in University of Gadjah Mada on December 19, 1949.
- Faculty of Agriculture has contributed much to the nation and to the world of science in the form of educated human resources and the development of science, technology, and development concepts. The works that have been resulted from the Faculty include: UUPA (Agrarian Main Law), Gogo Gama 61 and Gama 87, Conservation of Borobudur Temple, Test Farm Tidal Land, Village-unit enterprises (BUUD / KUD) Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Legin (Leguminosa Inokulum), Community-core Plantation (PIR), especially Tea and Cocoa commodities, Local black beans Mallika (together with a team from the Faculty ofAgricultural Technology), pest-resistance Vanilla, as well as thedevelopment of cultivation in coastal sand. In the field of fishery, this Faculty has successfully produced Vibrio-vaccine to prevent vibriosis disease in ocean fish.
- Based on Act No. 153/2000 and Act 61, the organizational structure ofFaculty of Agriculture UGM consists of: Leader-elements, Academic Organization-elements, and Administrative-elements.
- For the period of 2012 until 2017, Faculty of Agriculture is led by a Dean who is assisted by 3 (three) Vice Deans namely: Vice Dean I (Academic and StudentAffairs), Vice Dean II (Research, Cooperation, and Community Service), and Vice Dean III (Finance, Assets, and Human Resources).
(2) University‟s name : University of Gadjah Mada
(3) Awards : Bachelor degree of Agriculture (S.P.)
(4) Study Period : The undergraduate program is scheduled for 8 semester, but can be reached in less than 8 semesters and no later than 14 semester. The length of the study is calculated from the time of admission registered as a student of faculty of agriculture UGM up to thesis examination done and passed.
(5) Accreditation Status : A